The Head Chef
Derby Leisure has a vacancy for an experienced Kitchen Assistant. This is a
12-month (temporary) Maternity Cover contract working 40 hours per week. Hours/Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
The position would ideally suit someone who thrives on the pressure of working in a busy food operation. You’ll work alongside our Head Chef within a small team in an exciting, fast-moving environment, preparing food to order, whilst maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and compliance with hygiene regulations at all times. Duties include basic food preparation, washing pots and cleaning.
- Preparing, cooking, and presenting dishes
- Working with the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of both food preparation and presentation.
- Ensure high standards of food hygiene.
- Experience in cooking and preparing fresh food.
- Experienced in running your own section.
- Conferencing & Banqueting experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Level 2 NVQ (or equivalent qualification) in a catering subject
Preferred Requirements (not essential):
- Experience in this area
- A current ‘Food Hygiene’ certificate
To apply please email you’re CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org