Join a club and get active with like-minded people:
Do you remember playing chess at school? Or perhaps you’ve always wanted to learn to play, but never found the time.
The Derby Leisure & Events Venue Chess Club is the ideal place to learn to play or brush up on your technique, meeting each Thursday evening.
The club plays informal and competitive chess amongst its members, as well as other clubs.
For enquiries, email Mike Boreham at Boreham@mac.com.
Rolls Royce has its own running club. We have a membership of around 100, comprising runners of all abilities. Some of the activities we get up to are listed below;
- We are a members of 2 cross country leagues. The North Midland cross country league, which is 4 races, each held on a Saturday and free to enter and the Derby Runner cross country league, which is 6 races, each held on a Sunday, and costs about £6 to enter each race. The races for both leagues are held at local venues
- We organise a series of track races during the summer. These are held on Wednesday nights, and are held to give our runners chance to compete on the track.
- We organise our own 10Km road race (Piggs 10k) which is held in August. Free entry for RRH members
- We organise the Broome Cup inter departmental cross country race. Free entry for RRH members
- Free access to the Moorways track, 12pm-2pm, Monday to Friday
- We organise a club Wednesday night run, 5pm from the Rolls Royce Leisure Centre car park.
- A monthly dinner time challenge on infinity way. It’s about 2.8miles.
- We do try and organise a quarterly social run, were we meet at a pub, do the run (approx. 6miles) and have a beer afterwards
- Club membership is £22 a year (2023 price). This includes English Athletics affiliation which means when you enter open races, you can enter at the reduced entry fee.
- There is a club championship. You get points for competing in various races, and points for the times you run for certain distances. Includes a handicap race on Markeaton Park (the slower runners go first, and the faster runners go later and try and catch up)
- Park runs – quite a number of our runners do compete in park runs, and it is the intention to nominate the occasional park run that we all turn up to.
- Club ‘epic’ weekends, where a number of the runners run a chosen long distance footpath
- Club whatsapp group where we share details of races and organise things
- RR Harriers Yammer group
- Enter local relay races (Hairy Helmet, Starlight head torch relays, Nomad Relay, Belper River Relays, Masters cross country relay)
For more information, visit the club website at; http://www.rollsroyceharriers.com/
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rifle & Pistol
For enquiries, contact:
Secretary – Phil Nadin at email@example.com or
Chairman – Shaun Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Marcus Hawes||Honorary Secretary||07775800380|
“Been out of the game for a while? Or maybe looking to take up a new sport? Rolls-Royce RFC is the place to be, with RFU trained coaches.
We are a club dedicated to making you the best player you can be. All skill levels welcome!
On top of the great rugby we play, we’re a brilliant social club with black tie dinners, tours abroad and a variety of nights out throughout the year.
You do not have to be a Rolls-Royce employee to play for Rolls-Royce RFC.
We also offer mixed O2 Touch rugby.
For more information, visit the website or get in touch on RollsRoyceRFC@Outlook.com.
Slot Car Racing
Founded in 1992, this slot car racing club, known as the Derby HO Racing Club (DHORC), brings together racing enthusiasts from across the County.
As one of the largest slot car clubs in the world, the DHORC hosts a number of National and International slot car racing events each year – the most popular of which being the 24hour Le Mans race, which replicates the famous French track.
For further information, visit the website or contact Nick Sismey on 07933 849192.
For enquiries, contact Ian Derbyshire on 07881 334025 or email: email@example.com. If you would like any further information, visit www.rrtennis.co.uk.